For a long time, I did not write about my repair, since none of the directions was completely completed 100%.
And since I also live in an apartment where major repairs are taking place, the repair has become a sluggish hobby. Yes, now the repair began to give me pleasure.
But let’s start about the cold water supply. The need to replace pipes appeared after the end-to-end corrosion of the pipe section near the riser.
In my previous post, this place and my thoughts on the choice of pipes are described. Pipe selection for cold water.
In the end, I settled on the corrugated stainless pipe Cofulso. I found a store in our city where they sell this particular pipe since there are many complaints about analogs. The main part of the claims to corrugated stainless steel pipes is the thickness of the metal. Thickness ranges from 0.15 to 0.3 mm. Coulson guarantees 0.3 mm.
Also, when choosing stainless steel, you should pay attention to the corrugations – they are different. There are pipes where the corrugations are smooth, but there are pipes where there are enough ribbed ones. The former is obviously preferable.
Next, I had to decide on the choice of fittings. There are 2 options for the cofulso pipe:
- Union nut + annealed pipe.
- Special brass fittings + unannealed pipe.
The annealed pipe is flexible and more convenient for installation. To use a union nut, special is required. tool – milling machine. A pipe with a union nut is less durable (more precisely, the union of the union nut is not as durable as a special fitting).
The unannealed tube, especially 20A, is stiff enough, but still bends without much effort. The manufacturer claims the service life of brass fittings is equal to the service life of the pipe. This is higher than with union nut. The same information was confirmed to me by the installation specialist for these pipes. The union nut is convenient for connecting to end-users (toilet flush tank, washing machine, mixer, etc.).
Long before choosing the pipes, I drew a hydraulic diagram of the future hot water and hot water system.
Choosing between the types of systems (tee or collector) I chose a mixed type: in each room, there will be a small collector with 3 outputs. In this case, I replace the wiring from the riser from half-inch to three-quarter (pipe 20A). There are 2 reasons for this:
- Creation of a small “hydraulic accumulator” to compensate for the pressure jump during simultaneous water breakdown;
- Having heard about the noise in the corrugated pipes and the “large” hydraulic resistance, I decided to play it safe and reduce these parameters by increasing the pipe bore.
So, what does the HVS system consist of in my order from the riser:
- The outlet from the riser is welded 1/2 “
- Angular crane” roller “1/2”
- The valve of the Neptune leak protection system 1/2 “
- Filter oblique Bologovsky rebar plant 3/4 “
- Nickel-plated 3/4 “220 mm long (for a possible installation of a water
- Section of corrugated pipe 0.7 cm with brass fittings (pipe in thermal insulation)
- Collector 3/4″ on 3×1 / 2 “” roller “- . Group “bathroom” Collector, of course, saddened reduction in the flow cross-section in poldyuymovyh taps, but I have not found other collectors with integrated valves which would not have been such a group of “bathroom” consists of three consumers. washing machine, mixer, shower, water heater.
- Cofulso corrugated pipe section 1.2 m with brass fittings (heat pipe . Insulation)
- Eviction nickel-plated 3/4 “length of 220 mm (made a mistake with the calculation of the length of the corrugated pipe and to the subsequent header was where I should have to build up the pipe);
- Collector 3/4 “on 3×1 / 2” “valtek” – group “toilet-kitchen”. The toilet-kitchen group consists of four consumers: a toilet flush cistern, a toilet sink, a kitchen faucet, and a dishwasher. A three-stage filter for drinking water will be fed to the kitchen mixer through a tee.
- The transition from 3/4 “to 1/2”
- Squeeze 1/2 “150 mm long (passage through the wall of the toilet-kitchen)
- Ball valve 1/2″ “roll” (shut-off valve for dishwasher)
- Filter oblique 1/2 “waltek”